One may well say that women would do everything they could to combat the aging process throughout her life. In spite of that, none of us can defy aging process which could start as early as when you reach 25 years old! What if you could defy aging process with ease in your everyday living? Isn’t that sounds wonderful? Without further ado, these are the 25 foods generally acknowledged worldwide to have anti aging properties. These foods not only fill your stomach, but also make you women look younger all the time!
1. Fish. Known to have high content of protein. Fish also contains omega-3 essential fatty acids, which reduce cholesterol level in your body as well as help your brain.
2. Crucian carp. Known to have high content of protein. The fish can be found in many Chinese cuisines and the Chinese actually believes that crucian carp is good for women in the postpartum period.
3. Broccoli. Rich in fiber and vitamin C. Categorized as cruciferous vegetable, broccoli is also known for its anti cancer properties as well as having high contents of sulfur and antioxidants for promoting healthy skin and increasing energy.
4. Wax gourd. Also known as winter melon, white gourd or ash gourd. Wax gourd is rich in vitamin C. Regular consumption can be effective in prevention of the premature skin aging.
5. Bean curd. Bean curd or tofu is an important source of protein besides fish. Bean curd also contains isoflavones which help in reducing excessive estrogens in women, thus is helpful in preventing breast cancer.
6. Onion. Full of antioxidants which are helpful in preventing colon and stomach cancer. Its consumption also reduces cholesterol level and blood pressure.
7. Cabbage. Another cruciferous vegetable besides broccoli. Cabbage is rich in both fiber and vitamin C. It also contains a specific antioxidant named indole 3 carbinol, which gets rid of harmful estrogen that promotes breast cancer among women.
8. Apple. Contains cellulose, vitamin C and sugar. Do extremely well in maintaining skin gloss. Swiss Apple stem cells have been used as a new anti aging formula in skin care products.
9. Carrot. Rich in beta carotene which is a powerful antioxidant that fights aging and keeps your vision sharp. Beta carotene also strengthens your immune system and reduces the risk of cancer.
10. Milk. Contains vitamin D and calcium, which can make your bones and teeth strong.
11. Mineral water. Underground water has less oxygen in it than surface water, thus having better antioxidant properties. Mineral water also helps in digestion and detoxification, as well as making your skin soft and white.
12. Tomato. Rich in lycopene, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants around. Lycopene helps in preventing breast, colon and lung cancers. It also protects our skin against harmful ultraviolet rays, thus slowing down skin aging process.
13. Spinach. Contains cartenoid which helps protecting our eyes from aging related eye disorders such as macular degeneration. Regular consumption of spinach also helps in regulating muscular degeneration and enhances memory power. Spinach contains vitamin A which can boost your body’s immune system. It also contains folic acid, which is an important nutrient for pregnant women. Adequate intake of folic acid during pregnancy can prevent birth defects.
14. Orange. Get rid of free radicals and anti cancer. Rich in vitamin C which can enhance one’s immune system.
15. Malt. The malt used to make beer is full of proteins, which are needed to build, maintain and replace our body tissues. Sufficient protein intake also makes your physique looks firm.
16. Tuna. Contains fatty acid that can lower blood pressure and prevent stroke. It can also suppress migraine and is good for skin.
17. Strawberry. Rich in vitamin C, vitamin B, vitamin K, copper and many other. Strawberry has antioxidants which are anti cancer and provide protection against heart disease, protection against macular degeneration as well as very effective in removing tartar.
18. Soybean. Also known as soya bean. Rich in vitamin E which is good for cell growth. Soybean contains isoflavones which can delay menopause in women and relieve certain menopause symptoms such as slowing down osteoporosis and reducing the risk of heart disease.
19. Yogurt. Yogurt is easier to digest than milk, has lower fat content and higher calcium content. Regular consumption of yogurt not only helps digestion, but also prevents intestinal infection and improves the body’s immune system.
20. Coriander. This ancient herb has good healing power due to the presence of phytonutrients and flavonoids such as rhamnetin, quercitin and epigenin in it. Coriander seeds can lower the body’s cholesterol level as well as treat excessive menstruation in women. It has antioxidant properties and beneficial in boosting our health.
21. Chocolate. Contain a large number of antioxidant flavonoids such as epicatechin found in cocoa, from which chocolate is produced. In this case, dark chocolate has far more antioxidants than milk chocolate. Dark chocolate keeps us away from heart disease by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol level. Besides, chocolate also stimulates endorphin production, which makes us become happy!
22. Potato. Has exceptional anti aging properties. The potato can give you an instant face lift. Just cut a few slices of potato and put them on your eyes, you can eliminate your eye bags! Potato also contains copper for preventing heart disease as well as osteoporosis.
23. Mushroom. Rich in nutrients such as vitamins, protein and cellulose but low in calories, thus you will not become fat eating too much mushrooms! Mushroom also improves our immune system, prevents heart disease and breast cancer as well as increases metabolism.
24. Egg. A good source of protein and choline. Also naturally contains vitamin D. Protein builds up, maintains and replaces the tissues in our body while choline is important for development and regulation of the brain. Vitamin D makes your bones and teeth strong.
25. Walnut. Contains almost all the omega-3 essential fatty acids you need daily. These essential fatty acids are good for our brains. Besides, walnut can reduce the level of bad cholesterol in your body.